A SOCIAL SECURITY ANALYSIS REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM YOU:
- Complete the Retirement Analysis form that appears after you select CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED. One for each member of a couple. It comes directly to me when you hit SEND.
- Your Social Security Statement(s) (page 2 &3). I can use a previous statement if you have one or you can click on the link below that connects you directly to the Social Security website (Social Security) to obtain a current statement. Please mail or scan and email the SS statement(s).
- 3. I will acknowledge receipt of your Form(s) and Social Security Statement(s) and schedule a time to discuss your options.
Retirement Analysis Explanation
This is a detailed personal review of clients’ options as they approach retirement age. It is specific to the individual or couples involved and reveals what benefits will be available and when, so it can be incorporated into their portfolio and financial plans. While this analysis can be provided at age 62 through 66, it is usually best to have the information prior to age 62 to utilize all possible options.
The analysis provides the following information:
- Retirement benefit options available at ages 62 through 70.
- What income affects Social Security benefits and when.
- How spousal benefits are figured if the client is also eligible for retirement on own account.
- Explanation of break even points if benefits are taken at age 62, age 66 (full retirement age) or age 70.
- Delayed retirement credits (DRCs) and voluntary suspension.
- How special wage payments (deferred income, vacation pay, sick pay, stock options, etc.) affect retirement benefits.
- Guidance for self-employed or Corporate Officers on how SSA determines eligibility for retirement benefits.
- How the Windfall Elimination Provision and Government Pension Offset affect retirement, spousal, and widow(er) benefits.
- Widow(er) benefits and the choices available to widow(er) when utilizing DRCs.
- Medicare Part A, B, D, Medigap coverage, and the enrollment periods.
- The information is specific to the client’s particular financial situation so they can make informed decisions.
- In addition, clients have an open door to contact me any time in the future for guidance BEFORE dealing with the Social Security Administration so they can confidently navigate the Social Security system.